- So, Flirting With the Camera has been getting around! I already mentioned the post at Romance Novels for Feminists (and if you’re interested in how romance handles abortion, you might like today’s post at Read, React, Review). It’s also had a few actual reviews now. Karen Knows Best liked it quite a lot; Dear Author gave it a B- which I am very pleased with indeed; though sadly Love in the Margins HATED it! Who’s right? There’s only one way to find out! *points to buy links in the sidebar* ETA: A guest reviewer at Love in the Margins LOVED it (and seriously, you HAVE to read that review if only for the awesome NKOTB video at the end.)
- Today I sent back the second round of edits on the French footballer story. I’m really pleased with how it’s shaping up. Every time I come back to it, I like this story and these characters more.
- I didn’t get picked for the top 50 in the So You Think You Can Write contest. It’s still possible that they could request a partial or a full in the next couple of weeks, and even if they don’t, I’ll finish the revisions and submit it through slush. I’ve got a full draft and I think a pretty good handle on the story and characters. I suspect one of the reasons it didn’t get picked was not enough hero/heroine interaction in the first chapter, so I’ll have a think about how to change that, too.
- Last Night of the Summer (formerly known as Hot Summer Night) is coming soon! I know, I’ve been promising this for months, but it really is nearly there now. It’s finished and edited. I just need to get it proofed and formatted and so on. Hopefully out by the end of the month. It has a new cover to match my other books and its new title.
- If you want to know when it’s available to buy, the easiest thing to do is sign up for my newsletter. It’s not really a newsletter. I won’t be in your inbox with cute snippets of info about my writerly life or any of that nonsense. I’ll just send info when I have a new book available, so you’ll never miss out.
October 17, 2013